Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Gals Are Gonna Love/Hate Me Angel Chicken

2 lbs of chicken meat of your choice, skinned

8oz sliced mushrooms

1 medium sweet onion, chopped into chunks

Chopped garlic to taste

1 packet Italian dressing mix

1 8oz tub chive and onion flavored cream cheese

½ cup… or so… of dry white wine (I like Pino Grigio)

¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter

Chopped green bell pepper

1 can of Golden Mushroom soup

Onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the bottom of the crock pot.  I like to leave my chicken slightly frozen, because I use chicken breast which dries easily.  Chicken plops on top of the veggies.  In a small sauce pan, melt the butter.  Mix in the dressing mix, condensed soup, wine, and cream cheese.  Cook until well mixed, then pour over the chicken.  Cook in the crock pot for about 4-5 hours (Supposedly on low).  Serve over rice or pasta.  (I like rice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment