Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Swore I’d Never Do It!

But I did. 

   Okay, so yesterday I was in a mood.  When I get in a mood, I go shopping.  It’s a bad habit, but it is what it is.  ANYHOW, so I wandered into my local Home Depot where I discovered they had the Topsy Turvy upside down planters on sale. 

   I always thought the idea of spending 10-20 bucks on a piece of plastic that hangs upside down to grow your tomatoes was stupid, when you could easily make your own.  (And I’m sure I will eventually, I’d just never gotten around to it.)  But these were on sale for under $5.  The tomato planter wasn’t the original… it’s the one for tomatoes and herbs.  And I picked up the strawberry one as well.  Today while scrambling around to find 15-30 strawberry plants for my planter I also picked up the one for peppers.  I’m an addict…….  Do they have a 12 step program for gardeners?

   I figure that for 5 bucks a pop it’s worth an experiment.  With shepherds hooks, I’ll be hanging them near the pumpkin patch.  Stay tuned… it’s time I go out and plant.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment